Getting to the Canadian Rockies is part of the adventure. There are few things more spectacular than venturing through the foothills to see the horizon lined with the majestic Rocky Mountains. Jasper National Park and the town of Jasper are easily accessed from Edmonton, Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise, and British Columbia.
Check ahead for Rocky Mountains and Alberta road reports
View Mount Robson Inn in a larger map
- The Edmonton International Airport is the closest international gateway to the area and is about a 4 hour drive.
- Highway 16 / Yellowhead Highway from Edmonton leads 367 (220 mi) west to Jasper. Just before reaching Jasper town site exit right onto Connaught Drive. The Mount Robson Inn is located at the west end of Connaught Drive near the end of Main Street Jasper.
- The Calgary International Airport is approximately a 5 hour drive to Jasper National Park.
- Take the Trans Canada Highway out of Calgary heading west towards Banff and further onto Lake Louise.
- You’ll want to fill up at a Lake Louise or Banff gas station before driving the Icefields Parkway.
- Once through Lake Louise, turn off at Highway #93 North to Jasper
- Follow all the way to Jasper town site, continue on Connaught Drive, see hotel on left
- Take your time to enjoy this drive. It is one of the most spectacular drives in Canada and will be the highlight of your Rocky Mountains experience